Wow! It’s hard to believe how busy I’ve been in the past few weeks. With dance rehearsals starting up, school work, and finding time for friends, it wasn’t till now that I even saw a lovely post, posted more than a week ago from one of my favorite bloggers, Laurelella. (check it out here). Yeah, that happened. The pressure of it all is KILLING me. I’ve had not a lot of free time to blog, or read my favorite blogs even, so I didn’t realize I got nominated for the Liebster Award until now!
Laurelella was oh-so-kind to nominate me! Here are the rules of when you get nominated!
1) Write a post to show your award
2) Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
3) Give a brief story about why you started blogging
4) Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
5) Nominate 15 awesome bloggers for the award
So step 1 and 2, done! Now onto 3.
The reason I started blogging was to share my thoughts to y’all. I’m pretty introverted and felt like this could be my outlet and way to express how I was feeling. I also love blogging because I’ve met so many kind people who read my blog. At first, I wanted to stop blogging. I loved the idea of it, but I didn’t have much time to blog regularly. Eventually, I started making more time for my blog. I made a new email for it and started blogging more and more often. I found my passion.
My advice to new bloggers are
1. Blog as often as possible. I know this might sound hypocritical but you must blog often to have a successful blog. I know I don’t blog as often as I should, but I’m working on it!
2. Be Yourself. I know this sounds like some cheesy advice anyone could give you, but I mean this from the bottom of my heart. Stop pretending to be someone you are not, that way you’ll find the people who are your true friends, and the things that you truly love!\
Honestly its way too hard to name only 15 blogs to nominate. I have read over 30 blogs, and all of them are wonderful and special in their own way. Instead, anyone who is reading this with a blog is nominated. You can say that I nominated you! Good luck on your blogging journey!
Let me know in the comments what your blog is and what it means to you!
californiangirl signing off,